A blog discussing the technologies under development by Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods,
a reforestation initiative on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Aloha!
Welcome to the Legacy Forest Tech Blog, a repository of articles about the developing forestry technologies being created by Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods.
My name is Wil Gilliam, I am the Chief Information Officer at HLH. Ive started this blog as a way to keep track of the myriad of technologies we are working with and to provide an opportunity for others to share in what we are doing. My hope is to not only better organize my own thoughts on these topics but also to engage people around the globe who may be working with similar systems either in forestry or unrelated sectors. Maybe we can learn something from each other. A great deal of what we do here is only possible through the work of other individuals and companies who have made their technology available to the world. In the spirit of the open source movement I will attempt to show how tech can be used to improve the planet.

Please feel free to contact me or comment on any article. These are issues that fascinate me in my personal life as well as professionally so I am always happy to talk nerd-story.

No comments:

Post a Comment